🐠 TOTM Sharkweek178 - July 2023 Tank of the Month Winner (17-30 Gal)

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
July 2023 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 10 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Sharkweek178
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
IMG_2880.jpeg

This is my 29 gallon tank. I started putting it together last October and started adding fish in February.

Water parameters - hardness: 136 ppm, pH: 7.2. Temperature is kept at 75 degrees.

Equipment - Lights: hygger HG-957 Programmable LED, Heater: Fluval M150 Submersible heater, Filters: Aquaclear 50 and Alegi sponge filter with an air stone, Air Pump: AquaMiracle with a lithium battery.

Hardscape - Quikrete Play Sand, Wood: Malaysian driftwood and Manzanita branches. And some pebbles (mostly for attaching column feeder plants to), homemade feeder rings to let more light in for some of the plants and to ensure the honey and corys have access to the surface for air, Indian Almond Leaves.

Plants - Jungle vallisneria (Vallisneria americana), Water wisteria (Hygrophila difformis), Moneywort (Bacopa monnieri), Java ferns (Microsorum pteropus), Anubias Frazieri, Anubias Nana Petite, Java Moss (Taxiphyllum barbieri), Amazon Sword (Echinodorus Sp Red Diamond), Cryptocoryne Usteriana, Bucephalandra Kedagang Red, Water spangles (Salvinia minima), Anacharis (Elodea densa)

Livestock - Honey Gourami (Trichogaster chuna), Neon Tetras (Paracheirodon innesi), Pygmy corys (Corydoras pygmaeus), Amano Shrimp (Caridina multidentata), Assassin Snails (Anentome helena) and pond and ramshorn snails.

Tank Maintenance - 50-60% water change weekly

Fertilizers - Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Supplement twice a week and Flourish root tabs every 3-4 months.

Feeding - New Life Spectrum Flakes and Fluval Bug Bites for the honey and neons, Fluval Bug Bites Bottom Feeder formula and Omega One Catfish Pellets for the corys. I alternate this with frozen brine shrimp, baby brine shrimp, cyclops, daphnia and bloodworms. I've also started feeding live baby brine shrimp and mosquito larvae. Feeding schedule is four days of feeding once a day and then one fasting day.

I've made a few changes in the past few months. I removed a moss covered hideaway and a Seiryu stone. Which I think opened the space up. I also planted some more bacopa monnieri and added some java ferns.

Congrats to @sharkweek178 for their win with their 29 gallon meticulously aquascaped tank. Great job, sharkweek178!
Coming in 2nd place is @moonmist wtih their nicely aquascaped tank. Nice job for a newly scaped tank. Be sure to enter that tank in October's TOTM contest to show off your improvements.
And coming in 3rd place is @connorlindeman with their 20 gallon high beautiful tank. Nice job, connorlindeman!

Right now we are seeking entrants for our very popular Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet besides fish, we hope you enter it in the contest.
CLICK HERE to visit the entry thread.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the compliments and congratulations.
Also thank you to everyone who participated in this month's contest. Every entry was a beautiful tank. And to everyone who voted, whoever you voted for.
This forum has given me so much advice and insight. I wouldn't even have a tank like this if it weren't for this place.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back