Saved 2 Frontosa

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
Sorry I already posted this in Tropical Chit Chat....but I want anyone who cares to read this.

....so I go down to this fish store today, i actually went there to get some background for my 2-20 gallons, but before I got them to cut it for me I decided to go have a look at their selection of fish. You know, pretty good selection, a little over-priced dah dah dah dah whatever..... I get to the end of the tour and what do I see? One of those typical walmart tanks, hole in between each tank so that "we only have to use one filter" kinda setups.

The only deal with these ones is that they were only about 5 gallons per each segment, which is fine if you are selling damn neons out of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, to my absolute dismay......There were two frontosa in there, not like you would think as you are all picturing it "oh look at the cute little baby fronts!"
No. These were a 9" 7 bar Kigoma Front with minor fin cists and a 7" 6 bar perfect health (as far as I know) in these damned 5 gallon boxes!!!

Of course I quickly commented on it and they were all bla this bla that, so then I asked the price (as if I were going to leave them there) and quickly got them to bag them for me.

The 7 is now in the 90 for now (higher temp....hopefully better so that he can rid himself of the cists) and the 6 is in the 180.

I will post some pics of these poor men (not poor anymore) as soon as I have some time to take some decent pics....

(this is why I don't like "Riverfront" Pufferpack)

FISHKEEPING IS NOT ALL ABOUT "IF IT FITS IN THE BOX, IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!!"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......

Well at least now I have some BIG fronts!!!
Actually got them for pretty cheap too.....Thank God!

That's good to hear fm. That's pretty sad they were in 5g tanks. I would love to hear how the justify that.

Hope the one heals and that they both give you years of enjoyment. :)

They already seem to be happy in their new homes......we will just have to see if I have to hospitalize Gargamell (7 bar) I don't think I am going to have to though. ;)

freshmike,

that was a most noble act on your part my friend. How much did they cost? (if you dont mind me asking?) The reason i ask is that Frontosa that size would have cost a pretty penny in my parts (scotland , uk) the 9" would be about 70 UK pounds and the smaller one about 45 - 50 UK pounds,and no doubt they would charge extra for the cysts,claiming they were rare African breeding lumps or some other BS.

Hope they're happy in a much nicer place now.

craw

I got them both for 120 bucks Canadian. Thanks. :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back