Round Pellia (Lomariopsis Lineata)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mmmmm, well some pellia has been mislabeled, however subwassertang is still widely available in the aquarium trade. I do agree that M Tenerum is widely seen, as tropica mislabeled the pellia some years ago. Round pellia is still in the game.

I believe this is subwassertang...

Okay. Here's what I found. Either one is a fern, not a liverwort. (And no, I'm not trying to start something here. I'm only trying to get the correct info out there. Really.) This is courtesy of Scape.

Süsswassertang looks a lot like Pellia, and is often sold as "Round Pellia" due to its resemblance to a rounder version of Pellia. Care is very similar, as it does well in low-light, and needs to be tied down to keep it in place. However, it isn't actually a Liverwort and shouldn't be called Pellia. It is the gametophyte form of a species of Lomariopsis, possibly Lomariopsis lineata, making it a fern, not a liverwort/pellia.

Thanks for the info old spouse. I did question weather this was Pellia a while ago because a google search was bringing up images that looked quite different to what I have here.

I hope you guys are still happy with your purchases and I will request a Mod to change the details of this for sale thread.

Thanks again

Whatever it's called, I love it. I got some a good long time ago and had no clue what it was, so it basically floated around my tank for a few months. Then I forgot about it. I decided to rescape a little and when I pulled up a piece of driftwood that was hiding behind a rock, lo and behold, it was full of Monosolenium tenerum, in beautiful condition and anchored to the wood! It's now one of my favorite pieces.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back