red lobster, diet?

SLuRpIe!

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my lobster has these white stringy things, they look like.. worms but i cant tell they're about this big | <- iono the things are just clinging to his shell should i be alert? they're mostly north of his mouth some near his eyes and some on his leg joints

he's also not eating much lately and ive been having to clean out uneaten food a lot now and i only feed him in the mornings, i feed him cichlid food .. they dont have lobster food in the stores

ive had him for 2 weeks now my parents just bought him and plopped him in my tank and i dont know much or anything about lobsters

help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Don't know about the worms, but food wise try feeding him fresh things, dead fish, mussels, peas, carrots etc. Don't give them too much as they tend to bury it and it can damage the water quality.

The worms are completely harmless, all crays have them. You can take a toothbrush and put him in water and gently wipe them away if you wish, but I actually think they're sorta cool. As for him not eating, he may be preparing for a moult. They don't eat right before and after. Good luck.

BTW, I'm guessing he's not a lobster unless you have a salt water tank. You likely have a Red Swamp Crayfish, Procambrus Clarkii. They're mostly from the bayou area I belive.

Most reactions

Back