red legs and blue legs?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

pomme

Reaction score
do these crabs eat the same algae, or do they tend to like different ones, as i have seen today that my local lfs now sells both.

so i was thinking about which one was better? do you guys have any preference?

or do you think they will be able to be kept together if supplied with enough food if their is not enough algae?

You have live rock and live sand? You'll never have to feed them anything specific.

If you buy at a lfs you are throwing away money. They'll charge $2 apiece. Look online and find them for .50 apiece. Really.

The only difference is the color of their legs. Get some black and whites too.

And then if you add snails, prepare for the carnage. I have right now, in my sump tank in the cabinet, 4 blue legs, 6 black and white, and 2 red legs. But that's cuz I value my snails more.

My 3yr old son, however, much prefers the bright-legged crabs. That's why they are in the sump. One day I may return them to the tank.

Snails you may be able to keep are the most important with a sandbed -- nassarius and ceriths. Nerites will not survive the crabs. Turbos may, if you get them big and get plenty.

Some online sellers enable you to put together packages of cleanup crew critters and have free shipping too (etropicals in the states is one right now.)

i would love to get them cheaper, like you guys in the states, but i live in england, where we havent quite got as far as you as there is only i think one place that sells them online, andthats just up the road from me so ill go and pick them up.

also i was wondering if the crans did any good in the sump or not?

The crabs do survive in the sump. So if they are eating, then they are eating stuff I want out of the water. So no problem!

Well, before heading to a store, there must be an online forum that is reef-specific. We have reefcentral.com here. Check around for one trafficked on your side of the pond.

People are always selling snails. IN about a month I'll be selling Turbos, as after the events of 3 nights ago I expect to have hundreds more.

Try:
http://www.reefpark.co.uk/bb/default.asp
http://www.reefsuk.com/

if you haven't already.

yeah ive had a scout around and the stm the local store is the ceapest i can find so ill just get from them,
thanx for all you help!
andrew

Most reactions

Back