Red claw tank set up, couple of questions.

Warm Coleslaw

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a 20G I am currently setting up for a pair of red claw crabs.
1. I plan to make a climbable "cliff" with aquarium rocks and fake plants affixed to a plastic egg crate.
1.2 From what I read ghost shrimp can survive in brackish water (With gradual acclimation) do you think I could at all keep a population of ghost shrimp if I suspend the land mass with egg crate and make holes in the aforementioned cliff only big enough for the shrimp to fit through?

Attached is my very simplified, expert photoshop job of how I plan to layout my paludarium. I didn't include the fake plants I also plan to add to the aquatic portion

Proportions are indeed off because I plan to have the water deeper, still.

Also as a side note- Can greatstuff withstand being submerged in salty water for extended periods?

Attachments

• Paludarium plan.png
    Paludarium plan.png
    50 KB · Views: 18
Crabs should be kept on their own because they are predators/ scavengers that will hunt down and kill and eat anything in the tank with them, including shrimp.

Also as a side note- Can greatstuff withstand being submerged in salty water for extended periods?
What is greatstuff?

Crabs should be kept on their own because they are predators/ scavengers that will hunt down and kill and eat anything in the tank with them, including shrimp.

What is greatstuff?
Great stuff is an expanding foam, that some people use to create backgrounds on their terrariums, but I know they also make a "pond" variant.

Not sure how true it is, but I did a little googling for ya and this person says this about the Great Stuff.
From: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1723111
PLEASE DONT USE GREAT STUFF (THE YELLOW STUFF) IN YOUR TANK........USE POND FOAM (THE BLACK STUFF).. I BEG YOU!

Great stuff====$5 a can
24-48 hour cure
Epoxy to cover it====little as $5 for small projects or up to $100+ for larger projects
and another 24-48 hour cure
I hope you covered it well cuz if you didnt it will start to break down in a few months
sand is another added cost to cover up the yellow.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back