reasonable price

AquaSeaFoam

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone here maintain tanks for local businesses?
I would like to offer to some restuarants in my area, but i have no idea what to charge.
I would like to know a reasonable price for setting up tanks, maintaining them, things like that.
Any advice, please input!
Thanks in advance:)

It's a tricky job: are you sure you're up to it? If any of the organisms die you'll be blamed and it'll come out of your salary probably. I think it's much more rewarding to just have your own tank, so there's not too much pressure.

one beeellllliooooonnnnnn dollars!!!

at least for me to do it, haha.

seriously though, I have no idea, it would be interesting to know, not that I'd be interested in doing it, but maybe to have someone come in for me, haha J/K.

Linda

I dont beleive it is a tricky job, if you know what you are doing, and they agree not to mess with the tank in your absence. And if you teach them how to feed tank, I dont see the problem.

Also, fish deaths can be worked out b4 hand in contract. Word it in your favor.

hi,
as canarsie said as long as there is a contract be for hand you should be fine.

as for cost of setting up the tank i think that it is about 10-15 USD per gallon. so 20-30 USD per gallon to set up sounds good. (that included the cost of a decent filter for me)

tank mantenence (sp?):
weekly tank cleanings for a 10 take about an hour. so around 50 USD weekly. that incudes food for the fish and your time.

these are only rough estiments you can raise or lower the cost if you want to.

HTH
joe

why don't you ask how much LFS would charge to set up a tank, as some places might offer that service so might be a good place to ask a few q's!!

pretty good idea, but if you have several tanks to look after all spread around it's going to be quite a time consuming job especially if your doing it for a bit on the side...

Obviously you will need to type up a contract for yourself as a disclaimer againast disease. As a disease could spring up when you don't need to go back to it for atleast a week and if no one spots in to get in touch for you to treat there's going to be dead fishies.

Hmmm, thanks for all the input everyone!
Looks like i need to make up a contract;)
cat.fish,
you said included the cost of a decent filter.. what materials do you provide for the set up?
TIA

Most reactions

Back