Rare and unique item enthusiasts: What is the rarest items you own?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What is the rarest items you have/had in your home before? For books, what is the book and its author? For inherited items (including Christmas and Halloween stuff), how long did you keep them until? What other rare items will you show to me?

I collect pocket watches, firearms, some cars, & straight razors, but we live on a Century farm, so we have lots of old rare stuff around here...

one of my rare pocket watches this is an old key wind silver cased watch

this is a custom one of a kind revolver, in a propriety cartridge, that I had to make the cases, & load the ammo myself...

this is my 1960 El Camino, not many of these left... we were both born the same year...

I had a 1974 XB Ford Falcon coupe (same sort of car Mel Gibson drove in the movie Mad Max) until I lost it in 2015. I hadn't increased the insurance on it and tried to find a replacement. No chance of getting a replacement due to their scarcity and the $100,000 plus price tag for them. I saw one for sale in the 12 months after I lost mine. Haven't seen any since.

some of the Aussie guys might know what this is... as it was built there... not many made it to the "states"

A V8 Holden Commodore with a Chevy badge on it. The first time I saw one it belonged to a halfwitt that used to do burnouts all over the street. He didn't care if people were crossing the road or whatever. He just floored it every time he pulled out of his street and left big black lines up the road. It took the cops a while to get him and when they took his car, he went and got another one and continued doing it.

mine is a 2016, with a stick shift & only has 7,000 miles on it... just broken in enough to do one wide open run, on one of our deserted roads... ( 168 MPH, 272 KPH... just in case anyone was interested ) I only take it out of the garage every other year, & only put 1 tank of gas through it, before it goes back in storage...

Last edited:
None of my vehicles are exactly classic, but I have a couple of books. One is a 1987 Collector's Edition of Lord of the Rings, red leather bound, with the Moria gate emblems embossed on the cover. A bit more impressive: My dad has one of the early printings of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, with engravings by Gustav Dore. I don't remember how old it is and I don't know how much it's worth, but he took it to a book binder to have it rebound once and the man gasped and told him not to touch it.

I have quite a few interesting and somewhat valuable instruments, including a 1970s Ibanez M340 dreadnaught guitar named Ishmael, a Yamaha 842S silver euphonium, and a custom-made black locust and Pacific yew bodhran by Robin Shackleton.

I also happen to own several one-of-a-kind, hand-made bows, arrows, and quivers. 😁🏹

I would be delighted to post pictures of any or all of these, but I know how busy you all are.

mine is a 2016, with a stick shift & only has 7,000 miles on it... just broken in enough to do one wide open run, on one of our deserted roads... ( 168 MPH, 272 KPH... just in case anyone was interested ) I only take it out of the garage every other year, & only put 1 tank of gas through it, before it goes back in storage...

What is it?

Here's my TVR Chimaera 500, its a 1996 car, they only made 600 and I know some are no longer alive. I don't use it as much as I should but my dream car growing up and when my grandma died in 2018 and left me a couple of quid I bought this. 5 litre V8 and weighs 1030kg with no tration control or abs etc. Ace thing
TVR.jpeg

Mine is what they call a Chevy SS Sedan, it’s a rebadged for America, Holden Commodore

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back