poorly fish :(

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

curlyred

Reaction score
I have four guppies in my tank. A few weeks ago one of them had fin rot, but thats under control now, and he's all better :) Now one of the other male guppies is behaving strangely, he's a tiny bit bloated and seems to have taken up residence on top of the filter. He doesnt seem very interested in food, and he's been just resting on top of the filter since yesterday. All my water readings are fine. Anyone know whats up with him? Thanks

Can the fish maintain it's balance in the water, are scales sticking out like a pinecomb.

yeh, he seems like he can balance ok. ive seen him swim a little and he looks ok then. Nothing unususal with his scales or anything, just he keeps resting on the filter, in a dark-ish corner.

If he not eating suggesting a shelled pea won't help, you will have to use anti internal bacteria med, would be best if you could issolate the fish.

what kind of med would be best? i cant get to a shop until tomorrow, but i do have some fungus/finrot med, would that work? its not really possible to isolate this fish, as i only have one filter/heater at the mo.

In the uk there is a med by interpet called anti internal bacteria medicine, good luck.

Hi

I recently bought two Rams, one died, so I bought another one. This new one is looking good and healthy, however the survivor of the two originals is also now looking poorly.

She (I think it's a she) is thinner and paler than when I first bought her. She's swimming around okay but looks emaciated and her pectoral fin looks scraggly.

We've got a small amount of salt in the tank and the water quality has been tested and is good. We've got a red-clawed shrimp, two harlequin rasboras, three neon tetras, a sucking loach, a baloon mollie, two dalmation mollies, the world's most timid golden gourami and two clown loaches.

Is she sick or pregnant?

Andy :(

It's not sounding to good how big is the tank, what does it look like when the fish goes to the toilet, it's never a good sign when the fish stop eating.

I don't know how many gallons the tank is but it's 80cm x 30cm x 30cm. I'll try to see how it goes to the toilet.

Andy

Most reactions

Back