PLec advise

Ripcord

Reaction score
Just bought a new plec and have it in my 10 gal how long untill it gets to big and i have to move it to my 72Gal. I wanna keep it in the small one as long as possible.

See the thing is the PLeco I have in my 72 is about 13 inches. So i want this new one to grow as much as possible before i put him in the tank. So I need to know how long it will take for him to get about 7-8 inches.

A 7 to 8 inch pleco in a ten gal would not be my first choice... I can't speak to the problems of dif sized plecos in the same tank though. I would have just guessed that there wouldn't have been a problem. How big is the new guy?

ALASKA

jams.alaskan said:
How big is the new guy?

ALASKA
and also do you know its name? like if its a royal pleco, a candy stripe pleco ... what is it? we can tell you a lot more about them if we know that.
and as jams sed "I would have just guessed that there wouldn't have been a problem"

OKay I'm putting the little one in with the big one. How long will it take for the small one to get big enough that i won't have to worry about it. I want it to be about 7-8 inches. I'm just wondering how long that will take. It's a common PLeco.

Hi there, have you seen any problems since you moved him over? The common pleco can gro fairly quickly given plenty of food and space. I don't know how large he is now but given 6 months time he should be doubled... there are a lot of variables for this but it's my best guess...

ALASKA

Most reactions

Back