plant bulbs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

troublew/fish

Reaction score
I bought the plant bulbs from wal mart. I was told to just drop them in the tank and they will sink and then produce roots in about 20 days. When I did this they floated. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong will be appreciated. Thank-you for your help. Also, can youtell me where I can order some plants that are not infested with snails? My lfs is still trying to get rid of their snails from plants 20 years ago so they won't oreder any plants for me.

Drop them in, those that float,, you can squeeze a bit and let them soak up water. If they continue to float, place them under the gravel (not too deep). If they begin sprouting and grow roots, you can pull them out a tad bit. I would say wait a week. If nothing happens, remove the bulbs because they will succumb to fungus.

Are they aponogetton or dwarf lily?

You can get them from anywhere, chances are they all might have snails. Best thing to do is to wash them before adding them to the tank. Fell for snails under the leaves and remove them, and you can use weak solutions to kill parasites.

Most reactions

Back