Planaria or no?!

tabletopfishguy

Reaction score
This is not planaria right? Please tell me ots not… So recently i set up a planted 5 gallon shrimp tank for my neos to relocate into and be comfortable away from my fish and after i acclimated and dropped them in I notice itty bitty worms basically sliding over the glass in an inchworm style of movement, they’re not large enough to see if they have the “eyes” like planaria do and they are also different lengths. Any help identifying them would be appreciated, pretty sure im just stressing over normal ecosystem critters.
IMG_2226.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2225.jpeg
    IMG_2225.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 8
Hello table. Hard for me to tell. What are you keeping in this tank? If you just have fish, then planaria won't be a problem. Planaria can infect your shrimp and snails. However, I've kept Rams Horn and Nertite snails and noticed a few worms in my tanks, but never had a problem. If you're really concerned, up your water changes and when you change the water, do a good job of vacuuming the bottom material.

Hello table. Hard for me to tell. What are you keeping in this tank? If you just have fish, then planaria won't be a problem. Planaria can infect your shrimp and snails. However, I've kept Rams Horn and Nertite snails and noticed a few worms in my tanks, but never had a problem. If you're really concerned, up your water changes and when you change the water, do a good job of vacuuming the bottom material.

Just a colony of neos, They dont seem to be planaria but will monitor further since there are newborns on the way, (i can see eyes!)

Most reactions

Back