Pink Balloon Gouramis Spawning! Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rarefish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I looked up at my tank this morning and saw a large bubble nest becoming visible in my 50 gallon tank where my two pink balloon kissing gouramis are! They have been courting but I haven't really noticed it until today! I am only a breeder of guppies, bettas, and rare fish, so I don't really know what to do. There is gravel in the tank, and I am afraid that the eggs will die in it. Should I move them to my 10 gallon breeding tank and try to continue spawing them? Are they like bettas? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead!

rarefish

Hi rarefish :)

I'm sorry to say that if you aren't prepared to care for a batch of gourami fry, you will lose them. :-(

But, the good news is that you have a mature pair who will breed for you at another time. :nod:

Gourami fry are very tiny and need to be fed infusoria to get off to a good start. They also need special attention to keep the water surface very clean and the surface tension just barely broken until their labyrinths have developed in 2 to 3 weeks.

When they have finished spawning, I suggest you move her to the smaller tank and feed her a good balanced diet with lots of live or frozen blackworms to get her conditioned for the next time. In a few weeks or a month, when you have a supply of infusoria ready and a microworm culture started, move him into the tank with her and see if they don't spawn again.

I'll be happy to help you if I can. :D

Good advice you are really lucky to have a breeding pair. Next time will be a a good time if you are ready to have a good spawn.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back