Pimelodus albofasciatus

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I have one of these also, there is a picture of mine in the same thread that had the picture of one of my ornates.
Again this fish isnt known for being overly aggressive though it is a solitary fish that doesnt like the company of its own species normally. As with all pimelodus species it is a predator and will consider fish up to 1/3 its own size as food, they grow to about 10 inches so tankmates need to be 4" plus to be safe.

So... could I put my Kissing Gouramis and Blue Paradise Gouramis with him in the 55 gal. tank? Also, I have learned that Kissing G. can get up to 12" long. I have had them in the past and the biggest they ever got was about 5" and one of the pairs lived for around 8 years. Is there going to be a problem between the B.P.G. and the K.G.?

In my first 55 gal. tank we broke all the rules (edited to say, we didn't know any better), and the fish seemed to live in harmony. We had a pair of kissing gouramis, some blue and pearl gouramis, a kuli loach, a plecostimous, a male betta, and a school of neons. Everyone lived in harmony for many years. Now I wouldn't dream of making that combo! :)

Your WLP should be able to live with those other fish peacefully enough, just avoid other bottom dwellers as they can be quite territorial in smaller tanks.

So does that mean I can't have an algae eater of any kind with him? What about a snail?

...I'll bet that's why he ate Pleco....

Most reactions

Back