pim pictus

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ehill

Reaction score
I have recently set up a new tank for my daughter 24x15x12 with fluval internal filter. We put in water 10 days ago, some from mature tank, put in 3 guppies last sunday, today put in siamese fighter(male) and pim pictus. On first entering water pim was o.k. less than an hour later he was dead...everyone else looks fine...any thoughts would be welcome.

If the tank hasn't cycled you have had added to many fish to soon, what are your test results in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph.

I reakon your chemical levels are well up by now.

you should of stuck with the guppies until you knew the cycle was complete.

water caries very very litle benificial bacteria.

get you water tested ASAP and you will most likely need to do a water change.

for future reference pim pictus need to be kept in small groups as they interact with each other making them more confident, no less than 3 really. also a 3ft tank is the minimum for them really as they like there swimming space.

Thanks for previous info. have now tested water and had it confirmed by supplier of fish. Levels O.k. as I thought(have already been doing water changes) Ph confirmed as same as tank which fich came from...

I did not know pim liked fellow company and will keep this in mind when replacing, as I have been offered by supplier. However I dont intend to put in any more fish for two weeks.

ehill said:
Thanks for previous info. have now tested water and had it confirmed by supplier of fish. Levels O.k. as I thought(have already been doing water changes) Ph confirmed as same as tank which fich came from...

I did not know pim liked fellow company and will keep this in mind when replacing, as I have been offered by supplier. However I dont intend to put in any more fish for two weeks.
I wouldn't put any pims in your tank because like it was mentioned above they should be in groups of atleast 3 or more. Your tank just isn't big enough for 3 pims. :no:

Most reactions

Back