PETA kills - the truth uncovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haiku said:
They have an 85% euthanasia rate according to the records. Your shelter may get in fewer animals, but does it have an 85% euthanasia rate?
What records are these? There are many people against PETA and I'm sure any one of those could post some records up just because they want to try to ruin PETA. I'm not sure what the kill rate at my shelter is. They kill every animal that is sick (even mildly sick), have various behavior problems, aggressive, pitbulls, and any others that dont fit in the shelter. But like I said, it's just a city shelter. PETA is more well-known than any city shelter is. I'm sure they get a lot of animals a day.
BlueIce said:
PETA abuses children...daily.As their own pamphlets and videos prove
I thought this thread was supposed to be for telling people how PETA kills animals? If it's not then this thread should be "PETA bashing" because that's what it's coming to.
Some of the arguements about why they kill animals have already been made and since you can't convince everyone about how bad they are you think it'll be great to add more things that they do. While some PETA members support everything PETA does, most of them don't. It would be of more good to e-mail PETA and tell them your suggestions instead of just bashing everything they do. It doesn't do any good to make a thread about it since no change is obviously going to come out of this.

Haiku said:
These, filled out by PETA, unless you think this was all forged, in which case I think PETA would have a viable lawsuit: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/downloads/...illsAnimals.pdf
I was just saying that to notify you that unless PETA said so themselves, most records by other sources are usually not liable. Since PETA filed it themselves I'm sure the comment made about me thinking it was forged was unneccessary. But thanks eitherway for the link.

I didn't mean the forged comment as an insult, I really wasn't sure if you might feel that way. I didn't intend the remark as a jab. That is why I hate trying to make a point across an internet forum, it's easy to mistake the tone of something said. Some people might feel it's doctored or forged, I really don't know. I just would think if that was the case, PETA would be saying something.

Sorry to be a party pooper but as this topic is only distantly related to "Household Pets", and despite the fact that it HAS actually remained fairly civil, for now, this is not the place to have this sort of discussion.

You all for the most part presented your thoughts and opinions in an educated and civil manner, I applaud your ability to discuss something so emotionally charged as this without completely resorting to childish and petty arguements. :clap:

But I am closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back