Peacock Fry!

DAnCSF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well I guess I must be something right.. how cool is seeing fry. I have a 100gal that ended up becoming an African cichlids tank: 3 peacocks, 2 red zebras, 1 yellow lab, 1 hap. No, this is not a designer tank specifically set up for African cichlids. But the fish seem happy enough happy enough to breed. I guess the question is, how many will live to reach a non-ediable size....still even if most don't, that's okay since I'm not breeding for sale or anything like that. I'll work on getting some pics.

cheers all...Danc

It depends on how well fed the other fishes are. If the adult fishes in the tank are well fed and there is lots of space in the tank, then some fry will survive and grow up. If the other fishes are hungry and there is limited space, any fry or small fish will probably be killed and eaten.

Well in June my Peacock and Red Zebra, bred, and now I have a surprising number of survivors. Amazingly enuff I have about 20 or so and they've gotten big enuff to venture out and be among the big boys....who knew? There's nothing more calming that to just sit with a cuppa joe and watch the smolts swim among the rocks and crevices etc...Maybe I get another tank and set it up specifically for Mbunas etc...

Attachments

• TF Forum-3.jpg
    TF Forum-3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 10
  • TF Forum-1.jpg
    TF Forum-1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 12
  • TF Forum-2.jpg
    TF Forum-2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 13

Most reactions

trending