Panaque update

Olive

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Please forget the water streaks on the glass, but this is the best one I could get of him. This is his home, his favorite rock. I love him so......... :wub:

Attachments

• upside_down_panaque.jpg
    upside_down_panaque.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 46
Panaquetastic!
:rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :*) :fun: Great Word!
Me wants one me wants one!
these things are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will never regret getting one. The one I had a long time ago stuck his nose out of the tank so I could pet him.................can you believe that????

Oh, elusive catfish cabana --where art thou?!!!
mm..ust....f-f-findd.............ca-ca-bbannaa....................

Really? My common plec isn't very jittery, but I can't get closer than 2 inches before it starts freaking out. Is this variety tame or is it just less afraid?

tempestuousfury said:
Really? My common plec isn't very jittery, but I can't get closer than 2 inches before it starts freaking out. Is this variety tame or is it just less afraid?
I really don't know what to tell you about the last one. I don't think that it is common, but he did let me pet him! My new one is a lot more shy, and doesn't come out in the open like the other one did, but maybe that comes with being in the tank a long time. This sucker was around 7 inches long, a real porker!!! Maybe he had just gotten accustomed to human companionship................

That's certainly true for goldfish, bettas, and livebearers... My plec hides at the back of the tank all the time. I think he's just a moody. :D

That's a great looking fish Olive. :)

I wish I had a tank big enough for plecos...My pythons inhabit my 55 gallon tho and probably will for a loooooooooong time. I'll just look at yours. :lol:

HeatherSweetness said:
That's a great looking fish Olive. :)

I wish I had a tank big enough for plecos...My pythons inhabit my 55 gallon tho and probably will for a loooooooooong time. I'll just look at yours. :lol:
Cool! How many do you have? Have you posted a pic before?

fishdudein said:
:kewlpics: Olive, that is one beautiful fish!!!! I have heard of panaques, but had never seen one before. Thanks for sharing. My wish list has just grown again!
Thanks fishdudein....................yep, they are really cool, huh? If you find one, get it, you wont regret it. Save your $$$............... ;)

Most reactions

Back