Other fish eating all my Pleco's food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Berksou

Reaction score
I have a bristlenose Pleco. I have never seen him eating or competing for the food. My cories and other fish won't let anything sinking on the gravel without eating all of it. How do I make sure that my poor pleco is eating?

PS: I got him a week ago, maybe he is shy?

Pleco are largely nocturnal feeders, try and wait til a while after lights out to feed it. As for being shy, they are not keen on bright lighting so will only venture out in natural daylight or after dark. Sometimes they will venture out under the lights but not that often, especially when new to the aquarium.

I have a bristlenose Pleco. I have never seen him eating or competing for the food. My cories and other fish won't let anything sinking on the gravel without eating all of it. How do I make sure that my poor pleco is eating?

What are you feeding it? They do take a while to get used to the tank and come out into the open. I’ve had mine for over two years and he still doesn’t come out in the open unless it’s night/dark.

My other fish will try to nimble at his algae stick, but he will shoo them away.

Mine do that, I was also worried. Try cucumber or courgette sliced held down with a peice of lead (used for plants) you can boil it so it sinks on its own but it goes mushy. Put it in the same place every time, he she will soon be waiting for it. Good luck pal

Indeed add vegs (cooked brussels sprouts, brocolli, raw cumcumber, etc)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back