Oscar Problem HELP possible (Hole in The head)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lucus19

Reaction score
i have two tiger oscars in a tank of 30inches x 18 x 15 they are 5inch in length, the temperature is 27 degrees and i use and under gravel filter with a powerhead...

yesterday i did a 25% water change and today i noticed several liesions around thier mouths and head i have pictures which i have included i am unsure wether this is due injuries from fighting or wether they have caught hole in the head... please can you advise me as i am worried they dont seem to be eating either please help

email me at [email protected]

thanks luke hunt

Attachments

• Picture_7_.jpg
    Picture_7_.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 27
Does it look like pitting and does it look white in appearance, if it look like it is pitted I would say hole in the head.

Its also not good if they are not eating. I would test your water parameters immediately and do a large water change with de-chlorinated water accordingly.

Also, how long have you had them and is your tank cycled? Look in my signature for details on this if necessary.

I think the problem is that you have 2 Oscars in a 2 gallon tank :crazy: :no: :no:
These guys grow to a foot long easily which means that they will be as long as your tank and completely unably to move when adult, not to mention the waste they produce.
All this equals stress and very bad water. You need to either get rid of them or get a new big tank now. at 5" each, they must be seriuosly cramped and that is what will be causing the stress and hence the disease.
2 Oscars need a tank size of 100g minimum which means a 5ft long tank. If you can't rehouse them, please return them to the LFS before they die!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

agreed with rvm, the problem is, is that theyre in a tank that betta(siamese fighters) are usualy housed in.
pleeeeaaassseee upgrade the tank soon or give them back to the lfs. a siamese fighter would be happy in a 2 gal
:nod:

DD

I calculated the tank to be about 35 US gallons, not 2. Not big enough for the full grown oscars, but not a betta tank.

well, the tank is definatly too small, and it is defintaly not 2 gallons :crazy: 35 gallons is more like it... dunno where that came from

Ah, a quick edit from centimeters to inches and the tank grows by 33 gallons.

yep the thread originaly said Centimetres, not inches. Thats where the 2 gallons came from.
Even at 35g it is still far too small for 2 Oscars, and the advice still stands!!

Most reactions

trending

Back