Once Upon A Time At The Riverbank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I shall see you in the morning, BTW the small tank has also me an end when in the shed over winter, a bike fell on it.

Darn it. lol. As I predicted the other day I found Cory eggs today :) show you tomorrow

Shame to see this scape go. That's how I felt when I was tearing down Endor. Kind of sad. Those longterm scapes are great.
My aim was never aquascaping as a hobby so much. I just wanted my tank to look great and then remain that way once I was happy. If that right hand side had worked out the way I wanted it may well have been a permanent scape rather than a long terms one. Hopefully the next one will be competition worthy early on and then remain for eons (if I am happy with it. lol

Very nice portions of needle fern! Would have loved to get some, but you are too far. I will be moving to Montreal over the course of this year and then I hope I will finally have access to everything I want on the aquarium front!
Lol. Most of those portions went to Eastern European shops who bought half a dozen portions each. Seems is hard to come by there too. You are not too far away :) My original 4 portions (about the size of 1 of my portions) came from the far east!!! In the post circa 7 days. I have just ordered a load of Fissidens from the Far East too :)

I'll let you know when I have some more. Montreal may be a problem though. US/CAN are pretty tough with customs and invasive species etc.

AC

Good luck with the competition AC. Looks great, looking foward to seeing your new scape!

I'll let you know when I have some more. Montreal may be a problem though. US/CAN are pretty tough with customs and invasive species etc.

AC

During my last visit to Montreal I attended a meeting of the local aquarium society and there I heard that as long as you can prove it doesn't come from the wild and it is not a species which is listed on CITES, there is no problem! This contrary to the United States. So, I will start off with importing my bettas, and then slowly the rest. My main tank will not go before the end of the year.

As promised as a final photo entry here are a couple of pics of how things look while I get the next scape ready. 2 months of this aargh.

Saying that these pics are already out of date as I have pulled the Spiralis out of the rear left. lol. plus with all the disturbance the Corys started sticking eggs to everything else that was left so there is now a little net hung on the side of the tank with circa 150 eggs in it :)

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2007.jpg

Regards
AC

loved the tetras mate. They will look mint in the new scape!

Tonight I took the photos for the ASE contest. Took a couple of attempts as I am not used to doing competition photos. First I set the camera up wrong. So I had to pull all the pipes out and the thermometer.

Then when I had taken the photos with the right settings I noticed the light cable was still at the back. Out came the pipes and the thermometer.

Finally I took the photos. The first 2 below are not the ones I entered but from the same shoot. Not allowed to show you the actual one. You'll see what I mean about the right rear section of the tank. The third picture is the 'working' picture.

912%20DSCF1951crop.jpg

912%20DSCF1993crop.jpg

DSCF2001.jpg

Regards
AC

Is that Vallis in the rear left corner growing over the top of the others?

Oh and the needle fern you have there, where is it available? Did look at your site but couldn't find it and what temps can it with stand?

Most reactions

Back