Ola!

nuckfluckchuckbuck

Reaction score
:D

Hello everyone - I am indeed a newbie on this forum.

I am a fairly new, but very keen young adult aquarist. My parents always kept tropical fish when I was a kid, but as I've got older and into my twenties, myself and my partner have been buying tanks of our own!

We currently keep 2 Aquariums. 2 with 9 Axolotl's between them, 2 with coldwater fish, and 1 with tropical fish.

We have had the tanks for around 2 years now (acquiring some along the way, so we've had them a bit less...) and they seem to be very successful. I keep far too many to name, but I suppose I could name a few highlights. I have a beautiful crown-tail betta called Mr Crankypants. He is flame red with white tips to his finnage/tail. He's by far my favourite fish. He's so grumpy ^_^

We also seem to be able to breed Sailfin Mollies without trying - sometimes they end up squirting out around 80 fry every six weeks or so.... baby fish are so cute :p

I also have a gorgeous (and absolutely ma-hoos-ive!) white fantail called Nibbler... He seems to have out grown his tank mates by a ratio of 3:1 in about a year..... He is colossal!! compared to his tank mates!

I hope to offer what (very limited!) knowledge I have to anyone willing to listen. I am a user of many forums, so I'm sure you'll all find me very easy to get along with... occasionally opinionated, but then it wouldn't be a forum if no-one was, would it :p

However, I'm more than likely going to be the one needing your knowledge -_- I have a lot to learn!

nuckfluckchuckbuck
:nod:

I will try my best to get some pictures soon... The only digital camera I currently have is the one on my mobile phone which is a bit pants really...

However, Mrs Nuckfluck is looking to get me a new one for my next birthday, so I should be able to get decent pics posted soon ^_^ I'll try get a picture of Mr Crankypants when he's flaring.... he almost trebles in size when he does - he's hooj!! B)

Thanks for your welcome..... It looks as though the majority of members on here are on the other side of the Atlantic to me... are there many other British members who may be able to offer advice on where I can find decent stock in this country?

Hi nuckchuck.........!! :D

:hi: to the forums.

I think the majority is actually on our side of the Atlantic (I'm from Chester) :nod: just most don't log in 'til mid to late afternoon.

Whereabouts in the good 'ole UK are you from??

steve 8)

Bettaman form this very forum does soem fantastic betta's has quite a rep. on here
ps hello and welcom im from stockport myself

Thanks OneTrick - this Bettaman sounds interesting..... Does he have his own website?

(actually, I'll check out his profile and see if he has one listed there...)

BTW; is that a knife fish in your signature OneTrick? I caught a glimpse of a fish that looked similar... It's tail was like a continuous pulsing wave running along it's underside... I real unusual looking fella ^_^

Most reactions

Back