Oh No My Beautiful Elegance Coral

Crazy fishes

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

It feels like an age since I have had time to engage this forum, but things are still the same I see. Anyway just some general chit chat, if you have seen the blue planet episode coral seas you will be familiar with the image of warring corals. "A perpetual battle for space and food..." that is how David Attenborough describes it. Well that is exactly has been happening in my tank; Fungia Spp and Elegance corals simply don't mix. I have noticed today that the close proximity of these corals in my tank has left my Elegance with about a third of the tissue destroyed; a white pulp if you will!!

The tank is simply over crowded now by times are difficult and people generally aren't interested in buying corals.

Pray with me people that the elegance survives and becomes strong and healthy once more...

Kindest regards

Joe

Nice to see you back Joe, sorry to hear about the Elegance, its a real shame. How is life treating you me old mucker?

Seffie x

Hey Seffie,

Life is the same long hours and little sleep; you know the deal I am sure. How are those frags I sold you?

As for selling to shops it is generally a no go as they are not interested and if they do buy them they offer pennies, literally. I have been offered £4 for a beautiful mother colony of Euphyllia Ancora before and then in his tank it is priced at £50+.

Anyway guys speak to you soon

Kindest regards

Joe

Just to let you know the Elegance is doing well. It needs some food and will be good as new in a few days..... Smiles all round!

if you have soft corals and polyps for sale or need to rehome ill take anything :)
my reef tank is looking great but has a few gaps for some smaller corals and polyps etc

let me know :)

Yes all is well, the euphyllia is gorgeous and sits beside Bill the Nem with no problems at all :good: they are like best buddies, it is very strange.

Joe, why dont you put your corals up on the classified section, we have quite a few new members who may be interested and I can certanly vouch for you :good:

Seffie X

this is interesting as I have a fungia but I;d love to get an Elegance coral and have been eyeing one up in theLFS

How far apart were yours and is this a common occurence between these two corals?

cheers Simon

Most reactions

Back