Nutrafin CO2 system white stringy stuff?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

abstract

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I purchased a Nutrafin CO2 system about 2 weeks ago and just recently I have been noticing a white stringy substance on the CO2 diffuser where the CO2 comes out of the plastic tube - it is kind of interfering with the CO2 bubble movement up the diffuser. Is this normal/what is it?

EDIT: pH, ammonia, and nitrates test normal

EDIT2: I just took the diffuser and tubing out to rinse it off and theres a ton of those little white worms inside of the white thready substance....this is a 20 US gal long with currently just over 2 wpg.....contains a lamp. multi. and some leopard danios

a layer of slim over the airstone of the CO2 diffuser is normal, I'm not so sure about the white worms in side the white thready substance

40Watts is not a lot of light not even for a 20 Gallon are you sure you need the CO2??

Silly me said:
40Watts is not a lot of light not even for a 20 Gallon are you sure you need the CO2??
Yes, you probably don't require the CO2 at all even if your tank is heavily planted. Light is usually the primary limiting factor for plants, along with ferts. Perhaps if you had 3-4 watts per gallon you would need CO2.

I have a 25 gallon with 55 Watts of light and no CO2. The plants are growing very quickly and I can barely keep up with the pruning! :flex: :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back