Not Eating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i'd start looking for a bigger tank OR remove the bully and put it into 1 of those little breeder cages that hangs in the tank(i call'em time out tanks)anyway take'em out rearrage the tank and put it in a time out tank for a while,you'll have your hands full w/the johanni even w/a bigger tank,adding feamles to that tank will be a mistake(he'll kill'em)IME!!

I agree w/ mostanks, adding fm's into that tank is a no, i've kept and bred johanni's before, and the males are pretty aggressive, if u have several fm's the aggression is spread out, but u don't have enough room to add enough fm's, and if u just added 2 fm's it'd be crowded and it may not even work because as soon as one of the fm's holds the majority of the aggression will go towards the other fm since the one that's holding will hide constantly(mine allways stayed by the power filter at the VERY top of my 55 when holding) but in a 20gal there isn't really an escape for a holding fm to go so there's another prob. right there. If it's possible i'd upgrade to a 55gal. That's about the smallest i think i would do an mbuna community tank because then u can do tons w/ the rockwork, but doing a smaller tank is very much do able just really no margine for error, i've seen things get out of hand REAL quick when it comes to mbuna aggression once somebody becomes hyper-dominant so you'll definately have to keep an eye on things and be ready to act quickly! But this is Just my opinion and YMMV, it will just depend on the temprements of the various fish in your tank.

-matt

I am sorry to say that my ex-bully has passed away and this is a very sad time for me! He was my favorite fish but I think he has given up to the Johanni's aggretion... :( :sad:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back