Normal Parrot Behavior

Electrical tape is evil. I can't believe it made you sick too! Did they say how you had gotten enough in your system to make you sick?? I hope you feel better. If there is anything I can do let me know.

I inhailed the vapors from the tank, it went from cloudy to clear, I sit right next to it while working. I didn't have much, but enough

I have found a very nice LFS that says they can get un-dyed JPs and are willing to ship. If you want the contact info let me know.

It is highly unlikely you got poisioned from a piece of electrical tape That made me laugh out loud!

It is highly unlikely you got poisioned from a piece of electrical tape That made me laugh out loud!

Dude that's not cool! Girly gets sick and you laugh? Not cool at all. What ever made her sick doesn't matter you shouldn't laugh. :(

Ok, on the electrical tape thing... did the doctor say what the poisoning was from, exactly? I did a little research to see what it could possibly be, and the only thing I could come up with is that vinyl electrical tape contains lead and cadmium... cadmium, which is toxic if inhaled. Maybe being in the water so long released a cadmium compound vapor into the air and that's what it was?

Acute poisoning of cadmium usually results from the inhalation of cadmium dust and fumes, specially cadmium oxide. Such poisonings are relatively rare but dangerous. Its symptoms usually develop four to 12 hours after exposure and they are characterised by a metallic taste in mouth, cough, breathing difficulties and fever.
Source

Most reactions

Back