NOOB here

Sackwack

Reaction score
So I am just starting a fishless cycle. Its beeen 3 days and I am dying to put some damn fish in the tank. Hmmmmmm. Anyways glad to be here and in the fish world with everybody. Im addicted already.

Welcome, and slow and steady wins the race. So be patient with that tank.

Welcome to the forums. :D
As above and add, that fishless cycling always best. If you ask at your lfs they may give you some gravel or old filter material from a mature tank to cycle your tank quicker. Once you have an ammonia spike, change 25% of the water then add some ammonia daily in small amounts. Fishless cycling takes around 4 weeks but then when you add fish they will enjoy good health. :thumbs: If you choose to cycle with fish, choose hardy fish and wait until you get that first ammonia spike, do water change, add fish then test water for ammonia and nitrites every 2 days.
Good luck!

I got my first tank up and going fast with an additive called tetra Bactozym that put all the good bacteria in the tank. After one day I added some tetras (black widow and glowlight). I still have all eight. I was also able to get my lfs to squeeze out one of their filters in a bag and dumped that in. The water was very murky for an hour or so but I have never had any excess ammonia or nitire. If you can get them to do that for you just make sure all the fish in the tank look tip-top first.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back