Newbie :)

LovinMyFish

Reaction score
Hey ,I'm from canada . I just bought my first aquarium. Its 55 gallons and i am lovin it , lol. This site looks cool , lots of information :)

v nice tank, and don't be shy to ask anything, i'm still dead new to fish as well, ask anything o matter how silly u think it is i did and people are more then happy to explain

Ty for the welcome , I am working on getting some unblurry pictures of my fish :p , if i ever do i will post them , i have quite a selection of aggresive fish that so far are doing very well , I got them all around the same size and i havn't introduced feeders to them yet .That way they don't go after the new fish i introduce to the tank. So far i have :
2 Oscars
3 red tailed sharks
5 cory's (Which i love)
1 parrot fish
1 asian garpike
2 frontosa
1 anostomus
1 angel fish
1 catfish

i dont think it will matter wether you feed them feeders or not .. oscars will take any fish that will fit in there mouth .. lovely tank btw ..

Yes i know oscars usually do , But they do not even go after my smaller fish , my cory's and sharks are all small , i also have 3 Gourami and 2 cichlids.i forgot them before , lol. I have had them all for about a month now , and i havn't lost any fish . i just think it helped out by getting them all around the same size and not introducing feeders yet , Oscars are very smart , they have an amazing memory , so if they associate seeing u and you are bringing them a bag of feeders and releasing in the tank . then u bring new fish home that u want to keep , but as soon as u put them into the tank the oscars think u are feeding them as u normally do with feeders . That why i tried it this way and so far its working very good :)

Welcome to TFF :)

It's nice to have a first tank that's on the larger side.

Most reactions

Back