New Tank Prep

aquamike

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am finally getting my dream tank set up. I have had this tank stored for a couple of years but never wanted to set it up until i had the room. Now i do. It is an Oceanic 135 gallan showtank with oak stank and canopy.

My first question is what should i use to remove the factory decals off the glass? These decals don't just simply peel off. Also, what should i use to clean the inside and outside of the tank? It is alittle dusty from being stored.

Thanks for your help and i will be looking forward to getting this tank completed. More questions will follow i am sure. I'll take it one step at a time. :)

Mike

Just use a straight razor to peel the stickers off. Use a towel or two and regular water to dust the tank off inside and out. At most use a small amount of windex to get off any hard to remove spots. Windex contains ammonia which is attracted to water and can cause an ammonia spike if used too close to a filled aquarium.

Just use a straight razor to peel the stickers off. Use a towel or two and regular water to dust the tank off inside and out. At most use a small amount of windex to get off any hard to remove spots. Windex contains ammonia which is attracted to water and can cause an ammonia spike if used too close to a filled aquarium.

Thanks for your suggestions :) . I guess using windex on the outside of the tank should be fine since no water has been added yet.

My next question is what uv sterlizer should i get for this tank? Can it be spliced in to one of the canister filters? Should it be connected to the in going line or the outgoing line of the filter? I want a uv sterilizer to help with possible algae blooms and parasites.

Thanks to all that helps me,

Mike

Most reactions

Back