New glow lights YAY

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ben

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
:byebye: hi

i just bought 5 glow light tetras and as soon as i put them in all of them just floated down dead........can anyone give a reason for this

Not without vastly more information. Glowlights are not the most delicate of tetras so something must be very wrong for them to all have died so suddenly.

What is alive in your tank?

That's really odd. Did you let the temperature in the bag you got them in float so that they could adjust to the temp in your tank? I'm sorry you lost them but I wouldn't get anything else till you check your levels in the tank.

ALASKA

Is this the 12 gallon in your profile? Don't want to offend you ... but there seem to be an awful lot of fish in there, many of which will get much too big for that tank :( I'd do a few water tests and see what they tell you; if it's not too good then existing fish might have got used to it but it may have been too much for new ones.

i traded most of my fish in that tank for some other msll fish inculding the glo lights so i have about 15 fish now in it. and i think ti was the light becuase i had one living and i turned off the light and his fine now schooling with my neons

Light by itself is unlikely to have killed them. Fish can live in tanks without light, and also in brightly lit tanks. One thought though, when you floated the bag, was it near the lamp? I'm wondering if the heat from the lamp raised the temperature of the water in the bag to fatal levels.

Most reactions

Back