New fish are in

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rodeo-clown

Reaction score
After successfully cycling my tank, I went out today and purchased some fish.

The LFS didn't have what I wanted, 6 lemon tetras, so I went for 5 neon tetras and 5 rummynose tetras.

I'm not sure what it is with these fish, but it isn't hard to scare the living daylight out of them. If I come up close to the tank, or reach on the side to get the jar of food, they all swim frantically towards the back of the tank. Actually, just walking past the tank scares them. Is this normal for fish in a new environment?

In the next week or so, I'm going to add pearl gourami, 3 dwarf gourami and probably a clown loach. Fun times ahead.

Sound like your having fun!

A good compo too. And if its any consolation, im sure EVERYONE on this forum is guilty of starring their fishes to death. lol

What size tank etc. Sounds like a good combe coming up. But one suggestion, clown loaches are meant to be in groups bigger than 3. ;)

Benny

Yeah, and the tendency to get very big...

I'm the same way around all tetras, I don't know if it's because I walk heavy or something but it never fails, I scare them really bad...

mr_miagi32 said:
What size tank etc. Sounds like a good combe coming up. But one suggestion, clown loaches are meant to be in groups bigger than 3. ;)
Hi Benny,

The tank is 90 litres. Thanks for the tip about clown loaches. It's good to know that I'm not the only person scaring the poor tetras!

My neons were really shy for a couple of months. Since then they have been much better, just be patient.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back