New fish advice

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Stagette

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Right, i got my fishies yesterday as the levels in my tank had been right for 5 days but in 24 hours the nitrite levels have gone to just over the safe level for fish so i did a 30% water change and its brought them down a little, have i done the right thing also them Nitrate levels have decreased a little is this normal? The fish seem ok though not gasping at the surface or anything and seem very active especially if they see the food tub, any help would be appreciated :) ?

Are these pond or coldwater fish? If so, which types?

Anyways, it's a good thing for the nitrates to go down and the nitrites to go up because you know that the tanks cycling. However, the nitrates might have just gone down because of the water change...

Do you have the tank size? Just as long as you know that goldfish get pretty big and excrete a lot of waste.

Yes i do my tanks a 20 gallon one and planning on in the future getting one custom made to size as got a friend in the know. Just wondered about these nitrite levels and if i'm doing the right thing changing 30% of the water everyday?

Most reactions

Back