Neutral Regulator "seachem"

alien-planet

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Soo i been using this for some time and i only just realised it states on bottle not only it will adjust the water ph level to the 7ph and hold.it there aswel as buffs it , it also states it works to get rid off the chlorine, chloramine and ammonia well when i add this to my fresh water i also been adding aqua one water conditioner to it aswel and now even though all fish are healthy i am worried i have over dosed the water with the conditioner because of this new discovery off the neutral regulator doing the excact same thing so any tips shall i continue to add both or just the neutral regulator

Do you know the pH and hardness of your tap water? What fish do you keep?

It is not a good idea to use anything that detoxifies ammonia during cycling. It is an even less good idea to overdose such things.
Neutral Regulator

Product Description
Neutral Regulator™ adjusts pH to neutral (pH 7.0) from either a low or high pH and maintains it there. It softens water by precipitating calcium and magnesium while removing any chlorine, chloramine, or ammonia. The use of Neutral Regulator™ makes other conditioning unnecessary. To lower pH below 7.0 use Neutral Regulator™ with Acid Regulator™ (or Discus Buffer™). To raise pH above 7.0 use with Alkaline Regulator™. All of these products will enhance and stabilize the freshwater aquarium environment.
Contains phosphate buffers and conditioning agents. Safe for all freshwater fish acclimated to neutral pH.
from http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/NeutralRegulator.html

But why are you using the neutral buffer at all? This does not buff the water, it buffers it, there is a difference. Buffering is designed to hold water at a specific pH.

I bought it to maintain a ph reading of exactly 7ph only i was not told anything about it apart from this stuff was good stuff for my fish tank by the seller from the aquarium fish shop. When i got this item i got it when i was 1st starting out in this hobbie. Because its a person working for a professional fish shop i can and only presume they know exactly what they are telling me.

what would you recommend using instead of this stuff because since i read this info on bottle i am unsure of it
It appears its an all in one conditioner to me as i stated i only walked into the store just to buy a ph maintainer only. I am easily annoyed by this after being told its what i need by the seller
What do you guys n girl use

Most folks do not try to alter the pH of their tap water. it isnt so easy to do in a stable way. It makes more sense for most to get fish that will do fine in their tap water. As with everything fishy, all things are possible. Some folks have water not usable for fish and have to do things to fix that. These usually involve reverse osmosis/deionized type water and all that entails.

What is your tap pH test after allowed to sit out overnight or bubbled for an hour or two in a container with an airstone attached to an air pump?

Most reactions

Back