need decoration ideas

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
so now that ive got that 5 gallon critter keeper i need to decorate it. I did place in some fake plants, but I decided I want to put those in the main tank and redo that again. Which leaves me with a empy c.k.

It has a sand bottem, and I was thinking of some fake corals, but thats alot of money, then I was thinking about live plants, like an under sea foresty, put they all die on me. So i have no idea as of what to do.

But i dont want anything that will hurt the betta and the guppies. And I do know I want a cave, but I dont think anyof the fish will ive in it.

I am panning a Betta home and was thinking of having a signle tall pillar of rock in there, that almost touches the water surface. Something the Betta could jump on if he wanted to rest. Maybe some planst that cling to rocks would worklwith this too.
I don't think a cave would be ideal for a Betta, or for Guppies. Mine like to swim out in the open. They generally stay above most decorations.

My veiltail betta loves caves or anything to hide in and my crowntail just likes exploring. With the guppies they arn't really the hiding type -_- My just love to swim about.
Mabye you could get a cave and some plastic plants or you could always try the real ones again.

I kinda wanted to get 2 corries for it, but my parents wont let me buy any more fish. And they were on sale for .99 yesturady at petco as well!

I like the rock sturucture idea. But if the betta jumped on it, how would they be able to get back in the water?

the guppy that I want to move into the tank is a bottem dweller. He doesnt the top because of the current in the tank is to strong for him. Because hes tiny and has a big tail. The poor little moo.

I wanted a cave for my cichlids when I set up their aquarium, but I have a rather low budget and can't afford a whole lot.
So what I did is by a tube of aquarium sealant and pick out a bunch of pebbles that I knew would be okay for my aquarium, and I built my own cave instead of buying one. Not only was it LOT cheaper, but I was able to modify it so that it was the size I needed. It also has a nice natural look about it, which you can't get so easily at the petshops with all their pastel colored plastic. Plus, the fish like it a lot better, too, because of all the little chinks and openings in the rocks that don't get sealed up. It's not quite as dark, and it can give them more than just one way in and out. My cichlids absolutely LOVE that cave!!! My powder blue--the main "earth mover" in the aquarium--hollowed it out even more by taking all of the gravel out, creating even more entrance ways for him.

THis is a cheap and fairly easy way to get the perfect cave for your aquarium!!!

Slate propped up against the side of the tank? Your guppies could swim through, go for real plants IMO they look aso much better!!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back