Nano Diary

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

My Marine Aquarium is finally up to par...i just have to wait for the coralline algae to begin to grow, because i redid my rock structure and there are some bare spots, but i like the look of it.....also i am wondering...i have a bunch of crap stuff on the bottom, i'm not sure if its poop that will cause more nitrates, or just LR rubble...also, i was wondering if i should get a sand bottom, right now i have bare, i think it would look better with sand, but i am worrying about debris getting stuck..any suggestions welcome! pics soon!

If you're worried about debris in the sand just get some sand sifting brittle stars or snails. THey'll keep things stirred for you :D

WOW!!! I have been gone for such a long time. I think it has been around a year...I have bad news, my tank has gone totally downhill and I haven't done a water change for such a long time, and I just top it off with tap water to make sure the filter isn't noisy. I have been a very bad aquarium owner. But I am going to try to become a good one again. The only thing I have left is one Clownfish....Wow i feel stupid.

Today, I cleaned out my skimmer, by aquarium, and my water rotating pump. I took out my skimmer and cleaned the entire thing. I also got a bucket and siphoned all the crap out of the bottom of the aquarium, in order to not take out too much water, I would siphon all the crap out. Let it sit then pour the clean water(that was above the debri) and placed it back into the aquarium. After doing this 3 times, I finally did one last siphon, and then I changed about 4 and a half gallons of water. I am blowing away the debri off of my rocks and corals so they will hopefully begin to grow again. Tommorow I plan on fixing my filter, wish me luck!

Just to end this post.

My parents ended up getting a divorce and I was forced to end my 20 Gal Saltwater Tank, my 55 Gallon Cichlid tank and my outdoor pond. It has been 6 years since I have last posted!

Is anyone who helped me during this still on the forums?

Ski, is still a member, but is unwell :sad:, so rarely gets on now - but how about jumping back into the salty side, even if you havent got a tank at the moment.......we are a friendly crowd who love nothing better than a banter with our salty muckers

Seffie x

Hey guys! It's been a while!

I have recently had the urge to set up another aquarium and after experiencing saltwater I feel like I can never go back to fresh.

My only problem is that I go to college and over long breaks, such as winter, I would be away for multiple weeks. If there was a way I could transport my things easily I would be much more inclined to, but this also limits my size.

I was thinking about a 20G Long (like my old one) because I already have the light fixture, but this may be too much for me to move. I could also deal with a 10 gallon, but my old really nice light would not fit on it

What do you all think?

I suppose it is all according how far you have to move it each time, would there be die off on the live rock? Moving it is easy

I think you need to google 'adam crouch tank of the month'

Seems to me it's pretty much what you're after.

Most reactions

Back