My fish has a bad spot on it

papasmurphf

Reaction score
My fish has a red spot on its side. I dont know if its bad or not. I only has two fish in the aqurium, for fear that they could kill new fish, if I put them in there. Also, the other fish is starting to get red around its fins. The fish, swim, and eat and act normal, and healthy. Is there anything I can do to treat this?

Sounds like parasites. You need a trip to the lfs for some treatment tomorrow.

Treat red spots with anti internal bacteria med, the red fins are they streaked or edges of red.

no, its just around the ends of the fins. Not the tip, but the other end where the fins connect to the body. I put a few tsp. of salt in there last night. and for the most part it looks like its going away. What is a good med to buy that i could find around my area. The only stores around for me is Petsmart, and petco, walmart, and a few mom and pop joints. Anyway i was talking to somone else, and they said that the big red spot on its side was a mating sign. Its a golden barb by the way. So I dunno. It seems like that spot has faded too, since I added the salt. I do have pictures of the fish if you would like. YOu can IM me for them on AIM.(kissmypirateface), or on yahoo(papasmurphf)

If it's healing don't worry, better than it getting worse.

well it seems like its getting better, its just Its not 100% fading away. Is it safe to give another salt treatment? I have a 29 gallon, and I just put 3.5 Tsp. of salt in it.l Is it safe to do it again. I know some fish don't take to the salt as others do. I have a golden bard, some kind of pink tetra, a red eye tetra, and two blood parrots.

Do you no when you get a spot and the bulge goes but it takes ages to fade away, it might just be that, you could do another salt bath if the fish is ok with it.

I did another salt bath. Before I did it though I noticed that the red spots cleared the fins, and now there are a few little spots on the body that werent there before. I think I need a med. What do I buy?

Do the little spot look like sprinkles of salt, and what colour are they.

No its just red. The spot on the body has faded. However, The fins are now bright maroonish/red. Which looks very natural, and is in afact pretty. The only thing that concerns me is this in fact happened over night.

Most reactions

Back