~*My Blue Ram*~

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Whiskerz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I got this Blue Ram a few days ago :wub: I wanted to get two of them but he was the only one left -_-

So here he/she is...
If anyone can tell if it's male or female please let me know :) Not sure if you'll be able to tell or not. I read somewhere on a website that females will have a pinkish belly? This one has a pinkish belly so i'm guessing it's a female?
I tried to get a decent pic but he never stops swimming :S
000_05851.jpg

000_05831.jpg

000_05671.jpg

Thanx :*

Definately a female....in the first pic is the real tell. See the black spot on it's side? It has blue sparkles in it, which denotes female. Males have a solid black spot w/out the sparkles.

HTH :)

nice pics, you should definately get a male, i have a pair of gold rams which spawn all the time, its so much fun watching them fan and protect the eggs

maestro said:
nice pics, you should definately get a male, i have a pair of gold rams which spawn all the time, its so much fun watching them fan and protect the eggs
Are they really that easy to spawn?
I want a male blue ram but I don't know if I'd want them to spawn, that's a lot of Rams, I'd have no place to put them :blink:

There quite easy if you get a good healthy pair.

The eggs dont hatch, the water is too hard and they wouldnt survive in a community tank anyway

he's pretty , is that a threadfin rainbow fish you have with him ?

Whiskerz said:
lucky62 said:
he's pretty , is that a threadfin rainbow fish you have with him ?
Yes it is :nod: I have 2 threadfin rainbows :wub: I want more of them
I want some too , were they expensive ?

maestro said:
There quite easy if you get a good healthy pair.

The eggs dont hatch, the water is too hard and they wouldnt survive in a community tank anyway
Agreed. My pair of blue rams breed about every 2 weeks(but for the same reason the eggs dont hatch) and are still a great community fish, even during breeding when they get territorial naturally. If you did ever get fry, No doubt you'd be able to sell them easily. Many stores here love them and some sell for $15 for two.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back