My blue ghost guppies...

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Overhere some of my blue ghost guppies...
It's my own created strain. The blue is totally different from Japanese blue guppies in case someone may think it's Japanese blue. These are pure metallic blue.
IMG_9848a.jpgIMG_9851a.jpgIMG_9852a.jpgIMG_9857a.jpgIMG_9871a.jpg

beautiful guppies! what different types did you cross to make these?
Thank you so much...
I won't bother you about how long it took and how the crosses (like backcrossing) were made to get to this point. But what's in there is blue ivory guppy, blond platinum panda guppy and asian blau guppy.

Thank you so much...
I won't bother you about how long it took and how the crosses (like backcrossing) were made to get to this point. But what's in there is blue ivory guppy, blond platinum panda guppy and asian blau guppy.
nice! i could see all of those guppies genes in there. it reminds me of a pink tuxedo guppy in a way...

Nice Stan, hopefully it never ends with you! Beautiful!!
-Ed-
Thanks so much, Ed...
nice! i could see all of those guppies genes in there. it reminds me of a pink tuxedo guppy in a way...
Well, dwarf panda guppies have a pink gene (no matter wether that's the regular dwarf panda, the lutino or the blond platinum). The asian blau guppy was needed to put down all the red and pink as much as possible.
Pretty fish, Don't wanna move back here so we can get access to some of those strains? :)
Well, it would've been easier if we were living more close to eachother... But from you to me is a very long swim... ;)

Thanks so much, Ed...

Well, dwarf panda guppies have a pink gene (no matter wether that's the regular dwarf panda, the lutino or the blond platinum). The asian blau guppy was needed to put down all the red and pink as much as possible.

Well, it would've been easier if we were living more close to eachother... But from you to me is a very long swim... ;)
i see! i Didnt know 2 very different genes could mix with each other.

i like the look of these so much I might try to make something similar with "purple panda" guppies
113056-lg-Panda.jpg
I saw LFS have them once but they were expensive, around 7.99-8.99 USD
Yes, in general they do cost a bit more than an average commercial guppy.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back