My 40 Gallon

very nice tank would be nice to see how it looks now

Thanks Puffer punk.........I will see what i can do although it will have to wait until next week as i dont have any recent pics, its a long weekend over here so im heading down to the coast tomorrow and the weather is fantastic for a change.

The tank is quite overgrown ATM it just needs a prune and tidy up, i've removed the moss from the bogwood and i would say it will need another 2 weeks to grow back the way i like it, i usually take it all off and retie it when it gets overgrown, the tank also looks a lot fuller than the last pics, i would say the HC is at least an inch and a half thick and gets a haircut regularily.

The only major changes i have made to the tank is to add a powerhead to aid circulation and this has worked really well, i was getting some bga buildup on the glass in the two front corners of the tank but after adding the powerhead it disappeared within 24 hours, so a very good result, i just strategically positioned the powerhead for maximum effect and it worked great, the bga has not come back since, needless to say the powerhead is now a permenant feature in the tank, the main filtration is by an eheim 2215.

Oh and of course how could i forget i also added a Ph controller which i bought off ebay, and i have to admit this is a great piece of kit, i love it, although a few months ago i swore i would not ever buy one, but they are just so cheap nowadays i couldn't resist, it was 72 quid sterling inc postage, basically all ready to go probe included and pre calibrated, they are easy enough to set up, i have it working via a timer which is on the solenoid. A couple of tips for working these for others reading this, you need to use a digital timer if you want to plug the solenoid in, you can run them no problem 24/7 if you want without the timer, i prefer the timer, it gives the fish a break from the CO2, it will not work like this with a mechanical timer. Second tip....you should never have the auctual controller on a timer just the solenoid, if you do this you will have to recalibrate the probe much more often which is obviously a pain and should be avoided.

I haven't added any other plants recently, thanks for lookin and reminding me to update this thread, i will try and post some pics next week.

Most reactions

Back