Murky Water

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Trudy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, the last couple weeks the water in my tank has been getting really cloudy. In the last couple days it has gotten so bad I can't even see the back of the tank. My filter is running the same as always and I've changed some of the filter media but its still really bad. Does anybody have any clue what could be causing this? I can't even see my poor fish its so bad. Thanks.

:thumbs:

How much media have you changed? If you have changed alot, it could be rising params that your tank isnt ready for, but never fear. Things should turn back to normal in a few days.

If it is, and sounds like it too me, an algae bloom, you should wait a few more days and dont change any water and wait for the bacteria/algae to exhaust their resources and die off.

Goodluck, Benny

Nah, I never change all the filter media, always keep one of the old ones in there. Thats what I've been doing for the past year and a half. I hope you're right and its just the algae bloom. I'll wait and see what happens. Its strange though, the water is whitish and looks as if someone spilled milk inside. Really weird.

White cloudy water sounds like a bacterial bloom that should clear up in a few days. Strange that you are getting it now though as its usually part of the cycling process. Has anything else changed? More fish added for example?

Jon

That would make sense since the tank was recently moved. I moved at the end of Jan and ever since then the tank has been a tiny bit murky but it just finally got really bad. I'm still waiting to see if it clears up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back