moving betta to community tank

kell

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey

i have a male betta in a small tank (aprox. 5.3 Litres) with out a heater(i use a desk lamp) and was thinking about moving him in to my community tank but i have some fish that people said would attack it. so i thought i could buy one of those containers that sit in the tank it sounded like a good idea to me then i saw one in the shop, there so small i dont like putting fish in such small areas.

Do u think that it is a good idea to put him into the smaller container in the bigger tank or just leave him where he is????

Thx

I don't think that my tank is a community tank at 2 gallons, but I have 3 danio and my betta and they get along famously.

BB

if he's happy I'd leave him where he is. If you want him to have company, why not try a few dwarf corydoras catfish?

What I do, is a get a 2ltr Coke bottle, nip the top off and float it in my community tank. My betta seems to like it.. :)

@ james

Do you put your fish in that bottle just to ajust to the water or does he live in there?

both of mine are in community tanks

ones in a 15.6gal with tetras an cories and a snail

and the others in my 40gal with crabs, apple snail, varied catfish (biggest one at 2-3 inches) angels and other fish...

both are doin ok

Most reactions

Back