Mollie's and Platies?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Danielle14760

Reaction score
:crazy: I have a 4 mollies and 2 platies, sence I got them my mollies stay to the bottom and hide. Why is that can any one tell me?

Do you know the water conditions the mollies were in before you purchased them?

Mollies can be acclimated to living in fresh water, but they really do their best in a slightly brackish environment. 1 tsp sea salt per gallon usually does the trick. This however may not be good for the others in the tank.

Mollies and Platies do get along, in fact they get along quite well. Your Mollies might be stressed for another reason then scared of your platies. Or maybe they just need their space. My mollies hide by the rocks during when the lights are on, but when the lights go off they are all over the tank. And yes, if you have no catfish in your tank, add about a tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water in your tank. That will make your mollies happier also.

haha i used to have mollies and platies together. Never had really any problems. How long have you had the mollies and platies together? Whats the size difference? And what size is the tank?

My mollies I had for about a month now, think 2 of my females are preg. My Platies I just got rescently.

Most reactions

Back