Male and Female Bettas

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

1bennet1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon aquarium and I was wondering if I could have 1 Male betta and 3 female bettas in it..... Is it large enough and also are they compatible?

Thank you

if their are loads and loads of hiding places, and you monitor them very very carefully to make sure he isn't picking on the females than it may be possible.

but most people will say no......they should only be together when mating.

but you could always get a few females and just keep the male in a seperate tank.

I agree with Nina on all of what she said. I personally wouldn't do it because your females will be stressed and confused all of the time.

Right thank you. I think I will just get female fighters....!! I also have another 10 gallon aquarium with 2 male platys, 2 corys, 2 ghost shrimp and 2 ADF, do you thnik I could get a male betta in with them?

I don't usually recommend males (or females for that matter) in communities but I know lots of people do it. Since you don't have any barbs or tetras,it should be fine :) Keep your eyes peeled though, bettas love to harass fish so you may have to remove him eventully.

Most reactions

Back