"live Aquarium Plants" Lily Bulbs

Spader

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok so yesterday i got a stand for my 25 gallon coming thursday. i looked around, saw dead fish etc then my eye caught something on the self. I find this package that says "Live Aquarium Plants" And it had 2 brown egg shaped things, underneath it say lily bulbs. thwe direction say to drop into your aquarium and after 4 weeks they will grow or your money back. so i laughed and bought them for 2$ US. will they actually grow? i read some reviews and most people say they are easy and look beautiful. opinions?

They should grow and people have put them in a plastic ziplcok with a moist paper towel in it for a few days to get it to germinate and then stick it into their tank.

I actually just bought some of these myself. I have grown aponogeton bulbs with great success and currently have 4 of them growing in my 20g high that are all at least 6-8 inches tall. One reaches the top of the tank. I'm hoping these lilly bulbs do as well as the aponogetons do. Even if they don't, they're guaranteed!!!!!

I bought a two pack at Walmart. One grew, but took a looong time to do anything at all (I actually almost removed it from the tank a couple of days before it sprouted, but changed my mind). It took somewhere around a month!? Now it is doing well with probably 20 leaves. The other one is still floating near the top. I've just left it in there because it doesn't look like it is rotting, but am beginning to think it is hopeless.

The bulbs usually work. Some like the aponogetons sometimes never grow, and other times you'll get one out of the 6 you get to even begin to grow.

What I hate with the aponogetons is you never know what type you'll get...

Never tried the lily bulbs so not much help there :)

Most reactions

Back