Kribensis Fry

Sorry to hear about the loss of the two fry and also the broken tank... I would have pushed for some compensation for the inconvience of having to swap everything around. Even if it was a tub of fish food or the filter media from the new tank so you could have a full set of spares.

You should post a pic of the pleco in the pleco forum so someone can identify him for you so you know what you are dealing with. They will probably outgrow your tanks pretty soon. How long before you buy the AR980? :lol:

Glad i made you laugh... send my deepest apologies to the missus... :shifty:
LOL, thanks Dave.

Well, I was just happy to have a new tank.
This one seems fine.
I got a new temperature thingy, as the old one wouldn't come off, so I got something I guess.

Yeah, I'll put a pic of the Pleco in the Pleco forum later, see what it comes back as.
They are lively little beggars. Really hard working ones. More active than other one's we've had before.

The missus was fine mate.
She said thanks, but called you a "cheeky git" :lol:

Oh, we have lost 2 more fry.
This time they have completely disappeared, so not sure what has happened there.
4 left now.
Looks like 1 male & 3 females (male is bigger than the other 3).

Anyway, good luck with yours mate.

Regards,

Pete

Small Update.......

A good one too.

Woke up this morning to find another one of the Fry had disappeared.
Said to the missus, they must be getting sucked up the filter, as the sponge I put on bottom had tilted.

So, take off lid of filter in hood, & low & behold, there was one of them, swimming around in the water ontop of the carbon filter media.
Put that one back in.

Then, lifted the carbon filter & looked ontop & underneath of black sponge.
Bingo, another one stuck to the bottom of the sponge, ALIVE.
This one has been there for a couple of days, with no food & distressed from being stuck.
Put this one back in.

So now we have 5 Fry.

Better than 3 :D.

Regards,

Pete

That's great news Pete. I've got mine in a 30 litre tank that I have bodged together. They seem happy and hopefully should grow a bit more quickly.

From what I can see, the 125L tank looks massively overstocked, Could you do a stocklist of it?

From what I can see, the 125L tank looks massively overstocked, Could you do a stocklist of it?
Yeah I know.
It was only a temporary measure while we sort the tanks out, but might leave it like that a bit longer.
Just have to do water changes a bit more frequently & clean the gravel etc more vigorously.
But, I'll get a stocklist doen & post it up at some point.

Regards,

Pete

Most reactions

Back