kno3

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

panboy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
so i went to ace hardware for 'green light stump remover' because everyone says they carry it, and they said green light doesn't make it..... so i was lost....

i decided to go to home depot, and they didnt have it, they had a couple other brands, but they weren't pure KNO3....

anyone know if its tru that they dont make it?

Any other places that i can find KNO3?

I bought mine at a compounding pharmacy. But next time I will buy if from a hydroponic shop because a gallon bucket full is only $12.

Grant's stump remover is also KNO3, but there might be some kind of binder holding it in pellets.

Try hydroponics shops; they sell all sorts of nutrients to make "tomatoes" big and leafy.

Edit: Why these kno3-based stump removal products are no longer easily avaliable:

KNO3 is used as the oxidising agent in black powder, a primitive form of the smokeless powder used for today's guns. People with an interest in pyrotechnics use stump remover as a source of KNO3. I've talked to lots of these people via the internet, and most of them have no intentions to harm people or property with the pyrotechnics they make from that stuff. Unfortunately, some people harm people or property with these devices, which has led to the stuff not being easily avaliable.

Which is kind of stupid considering it's now easier for a terrorist to buy several tons of Ammonium Nitrate, the chemical used by Timothy McVeigh in the Oklahoma City bombing, than to buy a kilogram of KNO3.

i went to home depot, walgreens, eckard, and about 3 other stores with no luck....

my last stop was Lowes, and they had it. wow was i happy when i saw Green Light as the brand.

in responce to yenko, yeah i agree, some people can get paranoid in some aspects that don't make sense

Most reactions

Back