Just ordered some snails

Teelie

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I hope they arrive safely when I'm home. First time I've bought anything living off the internet. Only $18.00 (before shipping costs which are probably going to be $5-$10) for 3 of each of them totalling 9.

The one to the left is an Albino Pomacea bridgesi, the ones to the upper right are a blue bridgesi color morph (though bluegreen looks more like it), and the ones below are black.

My only other concern is if my 3 Spot Gourami and RTBS are going to try eating them. If so, then they'll have to all go in my 30 gallon, 5 gallon (currently uncycled :eek: ) and the 10 gallon sectioned off Betta tank I'm setting up (which I haven't even got yet).

snails.jpg

Wow they look great. Good luck with them, hope they don't get eaten.

lol - i know what you mean... i bought 5 to spread over our tanks...

they are all in one tank now because...

I didnt risk adding to the 50gal with 4 clowns...
It turns out Black Rosey Barbs LOVE snail antenne.
Small Ladder loaches might not eat all the pest snails, but they pounced on the apples straight away :rolleyes:

they are all in our low stocked plec tank now :)

smithrc said:
lol - i know what you mean... i bought 5 to spread over our tanks...

they are all in one tank now because...

I didnt risk adding to the 50gal with 4 clowns...
It turns out Black Rosey Barbs LOVE snail antenne.
Small Ladder loaches might not eat all the pest snails, but they pounced on the apples straight away :rolleyes:

they are all in our low stocked plec tank now :)
:p and they must compete with the plecs for food, I'm sure.

I like those blue-green ones :thumbs:

I've got some ivory pomacea bridgesi and they are my algae eaters for both of my tanks - no plecs or ottos here...

They're fun to watch and mine haven't reproduced at all although I kinda wish they would a little :lol:

those are some awesome snails
make mine looks so boring :X

Yeah, the only interesting one I have is a large Golden Apple snail but he's not as uncommon as these are.

Most reactions

Back