Just getting started

oakleyanni

Reaction score
I'm new to saltwater but not to fresh and i just set up my first saltwater tank and have questions already!
I've been reading so much on the hobby that at this point I figured it was time to just start asking people.....so I set up my 29 gallon last night and after cleaning my substrate (a mix of black sand and crushed coral) and putting it in the tank, as I started to add the water it became very cloudy! I know I cleaned the coral until the water ran clear but then why is my water clouding up? Soooo I hucked up the filter and left it run and this morning the water was clear but when I pocked at the bottom the water started to get cloudy again!! Okay do I need to start over or is this okay......of fcourse I'm not adding fish until the tank is cycled but i don't even want to get that far into it if this substrate is going to cause problems in the future.....can someone please point me in the right direction
Thanks so much

I really don't know, however you might want to try posting this in Saltwater General. Those Guys and gals know what they are talking about.

This happened to me! Do a water change using a syphon thingy and that should clear the gravel up, maybe do it for a couple of days if need be.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back