Journey To The Salty Side

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Both are the same really... Percs can
Be brighter and have eleven dorsal spikes rather then occs 11. Occelaris are supposed to be hardier and less agressive but they can still be nasty little buggers if they feel like it

cool im going to get 2 percs. also what are some other possibilities? i was thinking maybe a yellow watchman and a feww skunk cleaner shrimp.

there are so many possibilities, makes it hard to choose.

cardinals
royal gramma
firefish
gobbys
blennies
i think 55g is the minimum for a yellow tang?
wrasses-fairy wrasse is a nice one
small angels
a flame hawkfish would look nice.

s0 many types to choose, im still to make my mind up about stocking soon aswell. :blink:

Not sure on gallon size but for Tangs I think it's a min of 5ft as they like there swimming space

my stocking currently:
fish: 1 firefish and 1 barred sandsifter goby.
coral: button polyps.
inverts:3 nassarious snails and 3 others
others(aka hitchhikers :rolleyes: ): numerous tubeworms,some little bug type things, and a pink tipped anemone.

i am definitly going to get 2 percs. im also going to get a purple firefish. so would a royal gramma,a skunk cleaner shrimp, a peppermint shrimp , and a yellow watchman goby be good for the tank?

i came across a shocking discovery in a lfs near me today. they were selling aiptasias for $40. they had the name written down and everything. that is a classic example of somebody trying to screw someone over.

i came across a shocking discovery in a lfs near me today. they were selling aiptasias for $40. they had the name written down and everything. that is a classic example of somebody trying to screw someone over.

Are you sure it was "the" pest Aiptasia and not another species from the same genus/family? There are non-pest Aiptasiids, including some that are fairly uncommon in the trade.

update: i purchased a mushrrom for $15. :rolleyes: i understand this is a good price. also it came with a well apreciated hitchhiker. when i put it in the tank after acclimating it for thirty minutes, i noticed it seeming to move then from right under one of its folds falls out a shell. i thought hm do i have a snail. then it grew legs. yay i have a hermit crab. :hyper:

i completely forgot about my journal here are some recent pics.
my red polyps.
IMAG0071.jpg

my new sponge.
IMAG0082.jpg

my new polyp frag 5 minutes after being introduced into the tank. they are very happy i think.
IMAG0080.jpg

my flower pot coral just after introduction.
IMAG0081.jpg

my hitchhiker pink tipped anemone.
IMAG0074.jpg

and a full tank shot.
IMAG0084.jpg

please comment :rolleyes:

well im off to my lfs to buy some more live rock and maby a fish :lol: unless i can keep myself from doing it. :lol:

well my lfs wasout of live rock but i picked up a black percula clown juvenile. for $28. also is a coralife reef light a good reef light? i am thinking of buying one.

Hi Clay

When you buy more live rock, would be a good idea to keep it in another tank/container with heat and powerhead to ensure you dont get any mini cycles in your tank, now that you have live stock :good:

Most reactions

Back