Jbl Aquabasis Plus...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I've only read one person who thought the limpop sand affected ph. Others have had no difficulties. So I wouldn't rule it out.

I've just rceived my UNIPAC black sand. Its not in the tank yet so can't comment on appearance. I would have gone for the limpopo black which looks grey but delivary costs ruled it out.

Yeah thats the killer with heavy stuff like this, postage is often prohibitive.

Right, I've got this sorted now. Im having the JBL aquabasis plus on the bottom. My tank is 80cm x 45cm and I need 2cm thickness that gives 80x45x2 = 7200/1000 = 7.2L . I have 12.5L so Im gonna use the 5L bag and a 2.5L bag and then smile nicely at my LFS to swap the two 2.5L spare bags I have for something else. (No problem, my local LFS manager is a fantastic guy). Thats £20 back in my pocket.

PLUS I have just bought 3 bags of Tesco cat litter. Thats gonna be my topping substrate. Cost, <£10 instead of >£40 for the Colombo florabase. Yippee..... Can't wait to get started now.

A BIG THANKS to everyone who has helped out on this post. PLEASE feel free to follow my 1st ever planted tank journal. Can anyone tell me how to put a link to it in my signature ? I used to be in IT support but it all escapes me nowadays lol.

Most reactions

Back